Friday, February 11, 2011

Personal Note - Please Support My Campaign

In an effort to help families in my community and support an incredible organization, I have teamed up with At The Crossroads to participate in their "I Think I Can" campaign. At The Crossroads is a local non-profit organization with the mission to to reach out to homeless youth and young adults at their point of need, and work with them to build healthy and fulfilling lives.

I want to help raise money to keep their program funded and successful. The "I Think I Can" campaigns are basically like walk-a-thons, but instead of walking, my personal challenge is to take 50 family portraits for some of those families in my neighborhood that might not otherwise be able to afford such a simple, but meaningful luxury. I am asking that you please consider sponsoring me in this effort as I aim to raise $2,000 for the At the Crossroads organization. As some of you know, photography is a hobby of mine, so I'll be leveraging one of my passions to help others in my community.


Here's how it works: With my own time and money, I will get names of families from the client database from At The Crossroad's,
most of which are single mothers, and also from the Mission Housing Development organization, which is another non-profit, community based organization which creates and preserves high-quality affordable housing for residents of the Mission District and San Francisco. I will then schedule a time to photograph these families and give them a disc of their images, as well as an 8x10 and two wallet sized prints to keep. Family portraits are always a great source of pride and I believe these families deserve to have one.


Please take a moment to visit my personal web page to learn more about my goal, and sign up to be one of my sponsors. I encourage you to revisit my page in the future to read updates and see some of the images of families as I take them.


I know that many of you already give to a number of worthy causes. Please consider adding At The Crossroads to your list. Not only will you be helping out an amazing organization, but you'll be motivating me to give a gift to local families in need.


Thank you for your support,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment