Monday, February 22, 2010

Q&A with Abigail Ahern

Abigail Ahern has a terrific eye for style. The multi-talented Londoner works as an interior designer, blogger, shop owner and writer. I've included some photos of her design work below. She's quick to spot a trend and must have products, many of which she sells from her Atelier. We're delighted to have her share her ideas and insights in our Q&A today.
  1. Name: Abigail Ahern
  2. Occupation: Designer, author, store owner
  3. Last purchase you made that is hanging on your wall? A Christmas present of a print that my sister and her boyfriend brought me by JR (French photographer)- three maffia boys in a car looking fabulous now adorns my hallway walls.
  4. What's the item you've had the longest hanging on your wall? Art is a loose term for it but its a rusty old sign I picked up at a fleamarket - the rust is such that it looks like some super duper artist haspainted it! In fact its the back of an old sign. I've had it for years and the palette being so soft works with anything.
  5. Favorite place to buy art? The affordable art fair, etsy, flea markets, junk shops and graduate shows.
  6. Do you collect anything? Vases - I have a passion for old 50's vases that I cluster around the house on mantle pieces and tables and fill full of flowers.
  7. Any advice for those exhibiting art in their homes? Hanging art makes a huge impact in your home. Rather than looking super galleryesque and a tad uptight I mix and match frames, intersperse the artwork with other objects like giant lettering so I get a fun, eclectic vibe going on. I love clustering above a staircase, sofa of simply strung along a wall.
    See more of Abigail's style at her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment